Foot & Ankle
Our program is dedicated to the education of Northwestern University orthopaedic residents, medical students and staff members through organized teaching and research. The two faculty members within the team are heavily involved in the education of orthopedic surgeons and orthopedic residents with multiple lectures given locally, nationally and internationally.
Our faculty are actively involved in ongoing research efforts. Visit our department's Research section for more information.
In order to provide comprehensive care for all patients, the Foot & Ankle team coordinates its efforts with other services, including sports medicine, vascular surgery, orthopaedic trauma and plastic surgery. Areas of care expertise include:
- Achilles tears and disorders
- Flatfoot and Posterior Tibial Tendon dysfunction
- Bunions and toe deformities
- Sports injuries to the foot and ankle
- Post-traumatic foot and ankle deformities
- Foot and ankle fractures/trauma
- Foot and ankle arthritis
- Tendon transfers for neurologic injuries/weakness
- Deformity correction