All application materials for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery residency program are processed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Application Contents (required):
- ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation (One from the Chairman or Program Director of Orthopaedic Surgery)
- USMLE scores
- Photograph (for identification purposes during the interview)
The application deadline is November 1 of the year prior to entry (e.g., a deadline of November 1, 2019, for the academic year 2020-21). It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the required records and correspondence have been submitted to ERAS prior to the deadline. No late applications will be considered.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery's Residency Acceptance & Review Committee will be conducting interviews for residency positions on Dec 6th and 7th 2019.
- Invitations for interviews will be sent via e-mail through ERAS
- Interviews are held over a 2-day period for several hours
- Interviews are scheduled to last the entire day
- Interviews take place at: 259 E. Erie, Suite 1300
Applicants will meet with the chief residents for a brief presentation and then tour the hospital facility. Applicants will also meet with the Department Chair, Terrance D. Peabody, MD, the Program Director and the chairman of the selection committee, Matthew D. Beal, MD, members of the faculty, and again with the chief residents for a more in-depth discussion.
Matthew D. Beal, MD
For information on the residency program or to check the status of your application, please contact:
Resident information is available via the Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center Graduate Medical Education (GME) website.