Our Senior Clerkship Program is open to fourth year medical students and is designed to enhance students' understanding of the surgical principles involved in the treatment of orthopaedic conditions.
Four Week Program
Students can complete the four week program at either Northwestern Memorial Hospital or the Ann & Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Clerks participate in the following activities:
- Make rounds with the attending staff
- Attend conferences
- Participate in inpatient surgery responsibilities
- Diagnostic work-ups using routine and diagnostic examinations
- Operative and non-operative treatment regimes
- Diagnose and treat common musculoskeletal complaints, arthritic conditions, lower back, and cervical spine diseases
- Manage the treatment of fractures, their reductions, and follow up care
- Diagnose and formulate treatment plans for common pediatric conditions
The Feinberg School of Medicine has adopted the VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service) system for receiving and processing visiting student applications. Please check the Visiting Students page of the Feinberg Education site for the general application form.
Applications selected for rotations are scheduled on a first come priority basis.